Give Smiles was featured on the dtNext newspaper today in
recognition of our efforts towards the Rain Relief in
No blog categories
Official record of our work in the
Thanks to all those who supported the Give Smiles Rain Relief Phase
We shall be resuming our Education, Health, Construction, Water Plant, Environment and Food related projects next year!
The coming days we shall be focusing
on Rehabilitation (Phase
II) of Orphanages/Homes affected by the rain/flood.
The first two pictures taken when we had gone to cross check the requirement at the relief centres .
Corporation school at Kotturpuram was ruled out as they already had supplies .
Distributed only the most necessary materials at Anna Gem school - Biscuits , soap and sanitary napkins.
thanks to Acropolis , Verizon team and the donors/volunteers for
the support !
Team Give Smiles helped Crimson Community Kitchen with the
preparation and distribution (Tambaram, Mudichur etc) of over 8000
food packets over two days (7th and 8th of December 2015) .
The following activities were carried
out on 6th and 7th of December 2015 towards Rain Relief.
1. Food Provisions for Gladden Home . Spl thanks to Rotary Club for the sponsor .
2. Rain relief and provision support by Malcolm and team at Vishranthi Rajeshwari Old Age home.
3. Provision support at Karunai Illam , Madambakkam . Thanks to Rohith, Anagha and the rest of the team for the support . Spl thanks to Neeharika and all the donors for the support .
Supporting Crimson Chakra community kitchen ( food distributed at
Tambaram and Mudichur )
5. Sarees , Blankets ,rice and other provisions were sponsored and delivered by Give Smiles Trust today. Kudos to the Loyola Outreach team and all the individuals who had been supporting us . Special thanks to the donors .
6. Supported relief team activities around Washermenpet.
covered: Washermenpet, Pallikaranai , Palavakkam, Madambakkam,
Tambaram , Nungambakkam (Surrounding slums)
Amidst a lot of hurdles,
unanticipated challenges in the past few days we are learning to
deal with calamity and emergency operations . There has not been a
single day that we haven't thrived for rest , but a conscious
feeling of what have we done to help those who are suffering from
hunger and the wrath of the weather kept us running . Every relief
effort requires the support of multiple organisations to acquire
material support , transport , dispatch , arranging volunteer
support , coordinate , record , analyse , so on and so forth .
There are so many individuals /companies /organisations who have
stepped forward to lend support but there are so many more who
could contribute to such situations . These are times when we could
be the manifestation of change . We will continue to fight the
suffering from within and from the outside . Perseverance is the
key to change and the key to a new beginning . Nothing would let
the smiles slip away from our faces despite any extent of
We #GiveSmiles .
No blog categories